Lancashire K9 Services is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our Website, you understand and agree that personal information you provide through the Website will be held on a database created and operated by us, our group of companies and/or other selected third parties.
What information do we collect and why?
When you make a purchase online, you will be asked for some essential information including your title, first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone and if applicable payment information. These are collected to help us:
- Process your online orders including sending order confirmation and delivery information via email;
- Contact you about your order, account or credit status where required;
- Deliver safe and secure shopping by helping to prevent and detect fraud. We may need to disclose information to assist legal or debt recovery processes;
- Speed up your form filling processes if you've registered online;
- Understand your needs and listen to your feedback via market research/shopping analysis, customer polls and surveys;
- Enhance your shopping experience by delivering a more personally tailored offer;
- Respond to any issues or queries via the customer service advisor teams; and/or
- Notify you about changes to our service.
We will also automatically collect data such as dates and times of your visits to the Website.
How we protect your information
We endeavour to protect your information by:
- Encrypting your personal information. When you place an order or access your account information, your information will be sent through to us. A secure server encrypts all of the information you input before it is sent to us. This protects your confidential data, particularly your credit card details from unauthorised use;
- Keeping your information up-to-date and accurate. Please note that, to do this, we require you to tell us if any of your details such as your name or address change;and
- Having in place strict security procedures for the storage and disclosure of your information to prevent unauthorised access.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Protecting your security
To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to these checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Act.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, for example, the order form. You can also exercise your right not to receive marketing information at any time by clicking the link on the bottom of each email or contacting our customer service team on 01253795353.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In order that we can monitor and improve the Website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP (Internet Provider) address, operating system and browser.
If you have any queries about data protection, please contact us on 01253795353.